In our 8th grade Language Arts classroom, students will go on a reading and writing journey that will prepare them for high school. They will explore various forms of literature, including both contemporary and modern works. Students will leave my class with the necessary skills to appropriately annotate and distinguish differences among various literary genres, conduct research, and provide evidence to support arguments. I know we'll have a wonderful year together! GO SPARTANS!
Quarter 3- Activities
1. Classroom Philosophy
2. Warm-up 1/29 (NB)
3. Justice- Vocabulary activity (NB)
4. "Little Rock Nine" video questions (NB)
5. AOW- MLK jr.
6. Station Worksheet (due 2/4)
7. Prologue Questions (2/4)-(NB)
8. Workbook pages 2-3 (HW due 2/6)
9. Wkbk pages 9-10 (due 2/7)
10. Wkbk pgs 16-17 (due 2/8)
11. Wkbk Pgs. 20-22- 14th Amendment (due 2/12)
12. Wkbk Pages 24-28- Plessy v. Ferguson (due 2/14)
13. Wkbk pgs 35-38- Dissenting Opinion (due 2/18)